Monday, 25 September 2017

Transfer News LIVE updates: Ozil wants Man Utd move; Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal latest

TRANSFER NEWS never sleeps and before we know it the January window will be opening once again - Express Sport is on hand to bring you all the latest rumours and gossip.


Fabregas on Costa

14:55: Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas says he will miss Diego Costa with the striker set to join Atletico Madrid in the New Year.
“He will always be in my heart,” Fabregas replied when asked about Costa on Onda Cero.
“He’s a great guy, I spoke to him on Saturday when he was watching (Atletico’s) game – we enjoyed a spectacular connection both on and off the pitch.
“He is a great friend of mine and we spent three memorable years together in London, winning a lot and enjoying success.
“Right now he is very happy, obviously it’s been tough for him with the uncertainty of recent months but this is the best not just for Diego but for Chelsea.
“They (Chelsea and Costa) had a good working relationship so it was important it ended well for both.
“I’m sure Diego will enjoy lots more success with Atletico and will score plenty of goals.”

Sanchez focused on Arsenal - Koscielny

14:20: Alexis Sanchez is focused on being an Arsenal player after a frustrating summer that saw his proposed move to Manchester City blocked, says team-mate Laurent Koscielny.
Sanchez has scored one goal in five appearances for the Gunners in all competitions so far and Koscielny believes the 28-year-old is giving his all for the club.
“Alexis is an important player for us,” said Koscielny. 
“I know it was a difficult situation with the transfer window but now it’s finished and I think he is focused on his job, on his performance and on his club. 
“He’s an Arsenal player and he knows that he needs to play and he needs to score some goals and give assists to be better. 
“He’s still working every day like he did before, so the most important thing is to keep his head cool and just play and enjoy.”

Chelsea still keen on Sandro

12:45: Chelsea and Manchester City remain keen on Juventus star Alex Sandro.
The Brazilian was strongly linked with a move to the Premier League in the summer with Antonio Conte desperate to sign him.
Juve were reluctant to sell though and their stance is unlikely to change in the January transfer window, Italian publication Tutto Mercato claim.
City and Chelsea have a greater chance in doing business with the Serie A champions next summer.
Alex SandroGETTY
Juventus star Alex Sandro remains a target for Chelsea and Manchester City

Triple manager exodus

11:22: It’s been a busy morning at three clubs today with Gillingham, Oldham and Ross County all parting ways with their managers.
Ady Pennock has left Gillingham by mutual consent, while Oldham confirmed the departure of John Sheridan following their 5-1 defeat to Rotherham at the weekend.
And in Scotland, Ross County have sacked Jim McIntyre after managing just four points from seven matches.

Coutinho could leave in January

10:15: Liverpool are prepared to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona in January.
The Reds blocked Barca’s attempts to sign him in the summer but Spanish newspaper Sport claim Barca will finally get their man in the New Year.
Owners Fenway Sports Group have held meetings with Coutinho’s representatives and have agreed to listen to Barca when the transfer window reopens.
Sport reckons Liverpool won’t be mounting a title challenge this season and that case, the American owners will let the 25-year-old leave.
The report suggests suggest Coutinho has once again expressed his desire to move to the Nou Camp.
Arsenal star Mesut Ozil GETTY
Arsenal star Mesut Ozil is reportedly keen on a move to Manchester United

Conte's mistake

09.10: Antonio Conte made a huge mistake in the Diego Costa saga, according to Guillem Balague.
Chelsea have agreed to sell Costa to Atletico Madrid after he went AWOL this summer.
Conte text Costa to tell him he could find a new club at the beginning of the summer and Balague believes that gave Chelsea little leverage when negotiating his sale.
He told Sky Sports: "It was a huge mistake on Antonio Conte's part to send a text to Costa saying he was not wanted, because he weakened the position of Chelsea.
"Chelsea wanted 70m euros, Atletico says, they got 55m plus 10m. It is still a big fee, one Atletico has never paid.
"But he shouldn't have sent it. I'm pretty sure if you're a director at Chelsea you'd wish he hadn't too.
"It gave the wishes of Costa a big push, because he could always say: 'look, they don't want me'.
"That's why he felt he didn't need to go back to train or play with the reserves, or anything like that. It played completely into his hands.
"But Chelsea more or less got what they wanted for him, once Conte decided he didn't want to keep."

Everton eye Giroud

08:25: Everton will make a £40million move for Arsenal star Olivier Giroud in January.
Ronald Koeman tried to sign the Frenchman in the summer but Arsene Wenger blocked a move over fears Alexis Sanchez looked set to leave.
But the Mirror claim Koeman hopes to complete a deal for Giroud in the New Year with the striker also keen on a switch to Goodison Park.
Giroud has featured mostly on the bench this season at Arsenal and knows he needs regular game time if he wants to maintain his spot in France’s squad ahead of next year’s World Cup. 

Ozil keen on Man Utd

08:02: Mesut Ozil is keen on a shock move to Manchester United, according to the Sunday Mirror.
The Arsenal star is out of contract in the summer and looks set to leave the Emirates on a free.
And United are interested in bringing him up to Old Trafford.
Ozil and Jose Mourinho worked together at Real Madrid and the German is keen on a reunion.
He is said to have been putting feelers out over a potential move and has been encouraged with the feedback.
Disqus Comments