Saturday, 23 September 2017
🙏 HOW TO MAKE EBA (CASSAVA FLAKES) THE RIGHT WAY - UW KITCHEN
🙏 NOT EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE EBA (CASSAVA FLAKES) : SEE THE MAIN WAY TO MAKE EBA- UW KITCHEN
Eba is popular across Nigeria, especially in the South, East and Western Nigeria. It is eaten throughout the year, regardless of the season. Eba is also a popular meal in other parts of West Africa including Benin Republic, Togo and Ghana. Because garri, the base ingredient for eba is one of the cheapest food item in Nigeria, eba is particularly popular with low-income family.
but guess what, Not everyone can make a good old fashion EBA!!!.
Although, there are subtle differences between how various tribes and regions of Nigerian (and other West African countries) make this starchy food. Garri, the main ingredient of eba is made from processed cassava. From the instruction below, you can quickly make eba without much fuss.
Here are the steps you need follow:
Ingredients & Utensils for Making Eba
Cooking pot or a bowl
A Kettle to boil water
Big wooden spoon
Steps To Making a Perfect Eba
1. Have a bag of garri ready.
2. Boil some water in a kettle or a pot
3. Pour the water into a bowl or cooking pot
4. Preferably using your hand, pour the garri into the hot water, doing it slowly to avoid getting lumps in your eba. Spread the garri around in the bowl as you pour it
5. Do not cover the water completely with garri, allow an inch or so of water to float above the garri.
6. Leave it like this for about a minute or two, then pour the water at the top of the garri away.
7. Using wooden spoon, turn the garri that is now becoming eba around in the bowl till you have a nice smooth soft eba. If the eba is too hard for your liking, add a bit more hot water and stir. If the eba is too soft for your liking, add a bit more garri and stir.
8. Your eba is ready, serve into a flat plate. It can be enjoyed with Okra, Ewedu or Ogbona soup served on the same plate or on a separate plate.